Vegasaur Version History
You can subscribe to our newsletter to be notified when a new update is available
Vegasaur 3.x History
Notable fixes/changes in Version 3.0 (2016-09-20)
- Vegasaur 3.0 requires VEGAS Pro 14 or newer. You can install this version side-by-side with the older Vegasaur versions - Vegas Pro 8-13 will continue to use Vegasaur 1.x or 2.x, while the newer versions of Vegas Pro will use the new Vegasaur.
- A bunch of technical changes: new .NET Framework, new Vegas Scripting API, updated GUI library etc.
- Silence Detector: Finds the silence in the media files.
- Still Images Panel: Indispensable tool for animators. Fast way to change "New still image length" setting and more.
- Batch Stabilization: Added support for Mercalli V4 Stabilizr plug-in
- By default, Vegasaur uses dark color skin, but you can easily change it in Preferences window
Vegasaur 2.x History
Notable fixes/changes in Version 2.7 (2016-09-03)
- Added support for VEGAS Pro 13 build 543
- Text Generation Wizard: New features for importing subtitles. Set the starting timecode to 00:00:00 option shifts all the timestamps of a subtitle file so that the first subtitle starts from 00:00:00. The second option, Import subtitles as a single media, creates a single text object containing all subtitles. This can improve the responsiveness of Vegas in case of a large number of subtitles.
- Markers: Added 3 new options in "Adjust Position" list (move next/previous/nearest marker to cursor). In "Demote Markers" tool added support for subclips.
- Goto 1-click command: usability improvement; added support for media markers; "Move Cursor" window remembers your settings
- A bunch of minor fixes and improvements in other tools
Notable fixes/changes in Version 2.6 (2016-06-14)
- Auto Offline: Added support for Vegas Pro 11 and 12
- Open in External Editor: 1-click solution to open the selected media file on the timeline in an external editor
- Automatic recovery of "hidden toolbar icons" (an old Vegas Pro bug)
- Transcoder & Render Assistant: better support for Windows 10 and high DPI screens (with large font size)
Notable fixes/changes in Version 2.5 (2016-04-20)
- Auto Offline: New tool for those who frequently edit media
files in external applications.
- Available only in Vegas Pro 13
- Close only those media files that you really need to edit in external applications
- No more delays when switching between Vegas and other applications
- Edit PSD files in Photoshop w/o problems
- No more PSD locks and awkward workarounds
- Batch Media Import: Significantly increased speed
- Transcoder, Proxy Builder, Restore Audio/Video: Added support for multichannel audio
- Bug fixes and improvements
Notable fixes/changes in Version 2.4 (2015-12-16)
- Smart Trim: Numerous improvements and new features. As you know, Smart Trim uses FFmpeg to cut media files.
New option Custom Command allows you to specify your own FFmpeg command line for processing input
This option turns Smart Trim into complete front-end for FFmpeg inside Sony Vegas Pro!
Some examples of use:
- Re-wrap MP4 files to MOV format and vice versa w/o re-encoding
- Re-encode audio to AAC (video is not re-encoded)
- Convert video files to ProRes
- Instant DVD: Estimated DVD size indicator, Output Type (ISO image or VIDEO_TS folder), improved compatibility with software players.
- Recorded Date/Time Subtitles: New options to correct date/time values, ability to automatically load generated subtitles into Text Wizard
- Multiple minor improvements, code optimizations and bug fixes
Notable fixes/changes in Version 2.3 (2015-09-18)
- Instant DVD: Burn movies to DVD disc directly from the timeline using markers as DVD chapters.
- Recorded Date/Time Subtitles: Added new option Adjust date and time that allows you to correct datecode when you forget to set the time and date on your camera.
- Proxy Builder: Added custom output folder (it can be useful when reading and writing on different hard drives)
Notable fixes/changes in Version 2.2 (2015-06-25)
- Titles & Text: Added new features to modify the text content - search and replace a string, change character case.
- Text Generation Wizard:
- Added support for <b> and <i> tags in subtitles (works only with Titles&Text media generator)
- Text counter displays a new line of text after a specified period of time
- Create text at events function can read text from <MediaFileName>.txt file, which is a very flexible and powerful way to label your clips on the timeline
- 1-Click Command: Make Groups which groups each event with all respective events on other tracks. This can useful when you want to group your DSLR footage with the audio recorded on a separate device
- Proxy Builder & Transcoder: added support for image sequences
Notable fixes/changes in Version 2.1 (2015-02-06)
- Paste Event Attributes: Added support for Fade Ins/Outs
- Replace Media: Introduced Match Media Properties option to automatically change the project settings to match the replaced media properties
- Transcoder: Added support for DoStudio chapters
- Added ability to save and restore settings using presets
- Detect Silence function can process audio from nested projects
- Presets Manager: Save/Restore toolbar buttons
- Automatic check for updates
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Notable fixes/changes in Version 2.0 (2014-11-17)
- Vegasaur 2.0 requires Vegas Pro 11 or newer. You can install this version side-by-side with version 1.x - Vegas Pro 8, 9, and 10 will continue to use Vegasaur 1.x, while the newer versions of Vegas will use the new Vegasaur.
- Several features only work in 64-bit Windows, some of them also require a 64-bit Vegas Pro (see below)
- Improved support for Vegas Pro 13
- A lot of under-the-hood optimizations. For example, significantly improved support for Recorded Date/Time stamps (even if Vegas Pro does not support it for your camera). So now you can sync clips by date/time stamps in multicamera projects, sort events on the timeline etc.
- Recorded Date/Time Subtitles: Save recording date information as subtitles. Import subtitles to DVD Architect, or "burn-in" them with Text Generation Wizard
- Batch Media Import: Imports media files from a highly nested folder structure on your disk, including image sequences
- Smart Trim: Experimental feature for trimming media files without re-encoding and rendering (works only in 64-bit Windows)
- Paste Event Attributes: Allows you to choose which properties to copy
- Tweener: Keyframe generator for smooth animated effects and motion path
- Strobe Light: Helps you to create dynamic strobe light effects
- Batch Stabilization: Stabilizes multiple clips with a single click
- Stereoscopic 3D: Completely rewritten and optimized
- Freeze Frame: Added new options Freeze Frame to Cursor and Disable Resample
- Voice Over: Added automatic analysis options that can detect silent intervals inside audio files (works only in 64-bit Windows)
- Text Generation Wizard: Export text from Titles&Text events to a file, convert text subtitles to closed captions. Added fractional counters
- Transcoder: Select regions from multiple projects (works only in VP 13+)
- Markers: Added option to export markers to MP4 chapters and import markers from MP4 chapters (works only in 64-bit Vegas)
- Render Assistant: Makes render window draggable and shows detailed information about the current render template
- Project Auditor: Added 2 new audits - Find Muted Events and Find Resampled Events
Vegasaur 1.x History
Notable fixes/changes in Version 1.9.8 (2014-10-15)
- Bug fixes
Notable fixes/changes in Version 1.9.4 (2014-04-03)
- Added support for Vegas Pro 13
- New skins (Vegasaur > Preferences)
Notable fixes/changes in Version 1.9 (2013-07-01)
- Titles & Text: New tool to change the font, color, shadow and other attributes of multiple text events in a single step
- 1-Click Command: Create Nested Project from Selected Events
- Transcoder: Added support for tracks rendering - you can save each track as a separate media file, or you can render a group of related tracks. Transcoder can now preserve the following attributes when converting media files: file modified date, file creation date, timecode (this depends on the output format)
- Split Events: New Delete every other slice option, which allows you to create different high-motion effects, Strobe Light effect etc.
- Render Assistant can now automatically set the process priority during rendering
- Quick Properties: Further enhancements in Placement tool - new sort methods, syncing methods for multicamera projects, Fill Area function
- Apply/Remove FX: Adds filters in a random or alternating order for eye-catching visual effects
- Numerous bug fixes
Notable fixes/changes in Version 1.8 (2012-10-01)
- Proxy Media Builder: The fastest way to create video proxy or intermediate files
- Transcoder: Fixed a bug that could cause a hang on some configurations, multiple optimizations
- Replace Media: Added the Results window
- Render Assistant:
- Send Email post-render action: Added support for SMTP connections secured by SSL (eg. GMail)
- Send Notification post-render action: Send real-time notification messages to iOS/Android devices
- Freeze Frame: New Split Audio option
- Sweeper: Added support for sfvp0 files (video proxies)
- Added toolbar icons for all effect modules (Freeze Frame, Rocket Speed etc.)
- Workflow optimizations
Notable fixes/changes in Version 1.7 (2012-06-16)
- Numerous bug fixes, improvements and optimizations
- Effects: Completely redesigned UI, now it is the host for independent modules for working with audio/video effects. Currently, the following modules are available:
- Text Generation Wizard: Added support for Titles and Text media generator, improved placement at events (added Alignment option etc.)
- Quick Properties: Further enhancements in Placement tool
- Markers: Added support for MKV chapters. Promote Media Markers function can extract command markers (eg. closed captions) from nested projects
- Voice-Over: Independent Fade In and Fade Out controls, new Offset option allows you to specify +/- offset values for more control on where the volume envelope begins to transition
- Snapshots: Implemented dark UI design (inherits colors from Vegas pallete)
- Pan/Crop Assistant: Added the option to isolate Video Wall effect when you create it using Track Motion. In other words, video wall does not affect other events on the same tracks
Notable fixes/changes in Version 1.6 (2011-09-10)
- 1-Click Commands: Track Motion: Copy, Track Motion: Paste and Track Motion: Reset
- Vegas Presets Manager: Added support for OFX presets
- Pan/Crop Assistant: Improved Picture-in-Picture and Video Wall tools. You can now use Track Motion for creating these effects. This allows you to use Pan/Crop for cutting unwanted parts from the video (eg. crop the picture to center on the face). Added Random mode for video walls.
- Markers: Implemented Demote Markers feature (converting timeline markers and regions to the media markers)
- Import 2D motion tracking data: New tool for importing tracking data from external applications/plug-ins and converting it to Pan/Crop or Track Motion movement. Supported formats are: Boris Tracker Data, After Effects Transform Data.
- Quick Properties: Placement tool improvements. You can now easily sort media with date/time stamps (eg. 20110825_0140PM.jpg, 20110815_0205PM.jpg, ...) or numbers (image1.jpg, image2.jpg, ... image10.jpg, image11.jpg, ...) in the file names.
Notable fixes/changes in Version 1.5 (2011-05-09)
- Rocket Speed: The simplest and most straightforward tool for changing the speed of a video clip from 0X up to 10000X
- Numerous bug fixes and improvements
- Added support for stereoscopic 3D properties
- Added Select Same Media option to Quick Select tool
Notable fixes/changes in Version 1.4 (2011-01-30)
- Added support for OFX plug-ins (requires Vegas Pro 10.0b or newer)
- Project Backups: The auto backup algorithm has become more intelligent. Now, it tracks changes and saves only the modified projects. Also it stops working when the focus moves to another application, thereby preventing Vegas to lock the media files while working with them in Sound Forge, for example
- Quick Properties: Added a tool to convert cuts to overlaps and vice versa
- Transcoder: Implemented Text Clips feature. It enables editors to specify text media that will be used during batch processing. For example, text clips allow you to create text titles, copyright notices, credits, station bugs and so forth
Notable fixes/changes in Version 1.3 (2010-12-10)
- Photo Snapshot tool includes a number of new features that can help you to create various dynamic or static photo collages, such as photo stack, scattered pictures etc.
- 1-Click Commands: Auto Rotate Digital Photos, Sort Events Chronologically
- Project Auditor: You can now easily find and delete the empty time slots on a timeline
- Transcoder: New source properties - Auto Rotate Digital Photos and Channel Remmaping
- Markers: Added Auto Ripple option to the Keep/Delete Events tool. It supersedes the old Close Gaps option
- Quick Properties: You can use the Placement tool to sort events by timecode, recorded date/time, in a random or in reverse order. Added support for Tape Name property. It can be useful in multicamera projects, as Vegas Pro uses it to create a track for each camera. Added a new feature - Extend Events to Cursor, which allows you to extend or shorten the clips to the cursor position. This can be very helpful when creating various multilayered effects and it is necessary that all the clips start or end at the same time
- Improved compatibility with non-English versions of Vegas
- Added support for reading EXIF metadata from digital images
Notable fixes/changes in Version 1.2 (2010-10-25)
- Text Generation Wizard - fast and easy creation of various titles, labels, countdown timers, hard subtitles etc.
- Transcoder: Added support for folder name patterns. This allows you to create dynamic folders, such as C:\<Path to Output Folder>\<Render Template Name>\<Date of Rendering>\<Project Title> etc.
- Markers: Implemented various additions and improvements (Added support for closed captioning, import and export subtitles etc.)
- Vegas Presets Manager: Added support for command marker presets
- Numerous bug fixes
Notable fixes/changes in Version 1.1 (2010-08-01)
- Feedback form for posting suggestions or bug reports directly to the Vegasaur Technical Support
- Select Events: Added support for generated media and images (in addition to the video and audio events)
- Split Events: You can now slice events at the specified frame intervals
- Improved error handling
- Minor bug fixes
Version 1.0 (2010-05-03)
- Born to win :)