Text Generation Wizard
View > Extensions > Vegasaur > Timeline > Text Generation Wizard
Text Generation Wizard is the original plug-in for Vegas Pro, which allows you to automate the creation of text events. It is designed to import and export subtitles, generate various titles, labels, countdown timers and so forth. For example, it can generate titles from regions, or create "open captions" (also known as "hard subtitles") from closed captions.
Consider the following scenario: You have created a slideshow project with hundreds of photos. Now you need to quickly label each image in a slideshow. Previously this required manually creating text media and entering the text. As you can imagine this is a very tedious and time-consuming process. Now this can be accomplished with a few clicks!
This tool generates regular text events with already embedded text, so you don't have to edit each event. The appearance of text depends on the selected media generator (Titles&Text, Legacy Text) and a preset. You are free to use one of the predefined Vegas presets or create a new one.
In addition, it allows you to create different types of counters. The user may decide whether the counter counts up or down, choose among different formats, select the value to start from, the speed of the counter and the interval between counter increments.
Titles can be generated in the following ways:
- Create text at markers / regions: Generates titles at markers, regions or closed captions. Now the task of creating permanent subtitles is trivial!
- Create text at events: This function makes labeling your clips easy and efficient. The following event
properties can be used for titling:
- Active Take Name
- Media File Name
- Media Comment
- Tape Name
- Video Capture Comment
- Recorded Date/Time
- File Created Date
- File Modified Date
- Any text you specify
- Create counter: This function provides an easy way to add various counters or time stamps to your clips. It generates sequential values in different formats, such as decimal or fractional numbers, dates and times, timecodes, text counters. The latter displays a new line of text after a specified period of time.
- Import subtitles: The real power of this tool is the ability to import subtitles or text
from external files. The following formats are supported:
- DVD Architect Subtitles (SUB)
- YouTube Subtitles (SBV)
- SubRip Subtitles (SRT)
- Comma Separated Values (CSV)
- Tab Separated Values (TSV)
- Plain Text (TXT)
- Export text events: You can easily export text media (supported generators: Titles&Text) from Vegas Pro to a file (plain text, srt, sub, etc.), create closed captions/markers/regions from text events.