View > Extensions > Vegasaur > Render > Render Assistant
The very first tool of its kind, Render Assistant provides a set of post-render actions that are launched after a project is rendered. For example, it can turn off the computer, play a melody or notify you via email when the render is done or have an error.
By default, Render Assistant is in active state and waits for rendering to begin. In this state, it does not consume any system resources.
Like many other Vegasaur tools, custom presets can be created for this tool.
- Show Tray Icon: Shows Render Assistant's tray icon during rendering. Right-click the icon to open a context menu where you can change some of the post-render actions
- Popup Messages: Render Assistant will show popup messages, indicating the status of rendering and detailed information about the current render template
- Show Percent: It will show the percentage of the rendering, instead of the standard static icon. The font and background colors can be customized
- Render Priority: Sets the process priority during rendering. For example, you can set the priority to Idle or Below Normal and run the second instance of Vegas Pro to continue editing another project. This will allow you to edit more smoothly while the render is still proceeding in the background
- Play Sound: Plays a sound file after rendering. Supported formats include wav, mp3, midi and any other format for which codecs are installed in the system
- Open in Associated Program: A rendered media file will be opened in its associated player
- Open Folder: Opens the folder where a file was saved
- Run Program: Allows any external program to be launched at the end of rendering
- Send Email: Allows an e-mail notification to be sent. You must specify the SMTP server, port, email address, message body and other parameters. For example, you can use your free GMail account to send email messages. Also, many mobile carriers offer free/paid Email to SMS gateways which can be used to forward simple text emails to a mobile phones as SMS
- Send Notification: Allows real-time push notifications to be sent to your iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch) and/or Android devices via Pushover service
- Shutdown Computer: Logs off the interactive user, shuts down the system, or shuts down and restarts the system