View > Extensions > Vegasaur > Editing > Envelope Points
Envelopes are widely used in Vegas Pro. They allow automation of the change of a certain parameter over time. The Envelope Points tool is designed to work with all kinds of envelopes. It allows the creation, deletion and modification of envelope points. It is particularly useful when quick creation or modification of multiple points is needed. For example, you can easily change the point's curve type and value.
Before running the tool, place the cursor on the desired position on the timeline. All envelopes under the cursor will be displayed in the Envelope Points window. If you want to work with event envelopes, place the cursor on the desired event.
Supported envelope types
- All video track envelopes: Mute, Composite Level, Fade to Color, Motion Blur Amount, Video Supersampling.
- All audio track envelopes: Mute, Volume, Pan, FX Automation.
- All event envelopes: Velocity, Transition Progress.
- All FX Automation envelopes. When an audio effect that supports automation is added, automation can be used to dynamically adjust effect parameters. An envelope is added to the track for each parameter that was selected in the FX Automation Chooser.
- All Assignable FX envelopes. Assignable effects envelopes are used to vary the level of a track sent to an assignable effects chain over time. Before an assignable effects envelope can be added, an assignable effects chain needs to be added to your project.
- All Bus envelopes. Bus envelopes are used to vary the level of a track sent to a bus. Before a bus envelope can be added, the number of busses needs to be specified for your project.
Several options are available for creating envelope points:
- Four Points: Provides an easy way to add a group of four points at once. It is one of the most requested features when working with envelopes. This option will add four points to the selected envelopes based on the current selection area.
- Interval: Adds a point at regular intervals.
- Evenly Distributed: Creates the specified number of points, adding them at even intervals across the timeline.
- From Markers / From Media Markers: Creates envelope points based on the marker positions and labels. To use this feature, place markers where you wish to add a point. In addition, a marker's label can be used as a value for the point.
- Under Cursor: Creates a point at the cursor position.